Sunday, February 14, 2010

Fishing


After three nights of fishing we came up with just shy of 300 smelt. I'd say Thursday night was the best, Ross and I caught 98 in six hours. Ross only fished a little over half the the time. We fished out of the flip over that night and it was cold and windy. Late Friday afternoon using the quad, we managed to pull the ice house out to the smelt grounds. I was nervous about this due to a band of frozen slush about 12 meters wide that we had to cross, going out Thursday night I was falling through to the top of my boots.

I pulled the ice house about 500 meters west down the shore line and took a run at a narrower part the the slush band at 20 MPH, the path was like a gigantic arc. I was quite relived that it had come across.

All the struggle aside, the new ice house is so nice to fish in. Warm, most of the time I'm in a tee shirt. I'm hoping to go back up Wednesday night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great... nice work! ^_^