Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fun with Ronald

Saturday December 24, 2005 - 10:24am


Yesterday my daughter and I went to Mickey Dee’s it seems that she had entered a contest, drawing of sorts and you had to be present to win. Now, mind you I was going out to for some holiday human interaction, and my wife says, “Take Sarah to McDonalds for the drawing”. Ok, I’m game, should be no big deal its right there by Sam’s club anyhow. We get there to 12:50, drawings at 1:00, we walk in I ask a girl at the counter about the drawing, still on for 1:00. There are not many times I am hungry enough to eat at Mickey Dee’s and yesterday was one of them, but I ask Sarah if she would like something, to which she replies no. Having purchased no food, we sit down in a far corner and wait for the festivities to begin. Looking extremely out of place, sitting there with no food, we are approached by a woman with a large duffle bag she asks” are you here to see Ronald McDonald do the magic show?” and I say “no we’re here for the drawing” This is where I’m told we have to sit thru the magic show before the drawing. Ronald makes his grand entrance, I stop feeling sorry for myself when I see this guy. After some “slight of hand” Ronald says lets draw a name for the big prize! I would guess there were maybe a dozen kids there and the lady hauls out this box with oh, I would guess to say 300 entry forms, and the clown hits one out of the park with” you folks may want to order dinner” Luckily it was after only 30 or 40 names Ronald pulls out somebody who’s there. As the fanfare begins Sarah and I leave, oh well, better luck next time.

No comments: