Monday, July 16, 2007

Beer snob

Dog days, it’s that time again in Ravenna when anybody who’s anyone in town gathers at the park for an evening out. There’s food, fun, beer, and music at Ravenna’s Dog Day’s.

I must not be anyone or just anti-social because I’ve lived here for 14 years and the other night was the first time I went. The kids always go, its two blocks away and they love playing the games the church always sets up.

The kids had been down there for a while, I thought I would amble down and have a look’ see. Well it was everything I imagined it to be, the kids were engrossed in the games, the band was playing and people were having a great time. I made my way towards what I believed to be the beer stand, it was a token set up so I found a near by booth and bought a $2.50 token which I soon turn into a $2.50 Bud light.

Yes I’m a beer snob, I only bought this beer out civic duty, and it goes to the Lions Club. I can’t remember the last time I had such a tasteless beer. I normally choose to drink draft beer if at all possible, Guinness, Heineken something with taste. I sat at a picnic table watching the kids nursing my can of pilsner, it was soon gone and I had had my fill of dog days. I headed home, packing some of the loot the kids had won.

3 comments:

shoprat said...

Sorry, I'm not a beer snob but a beer disliker. I can't stand the stuff. I do enjoy sweeter wines and such.

Steven said...

Takes all kinds, shop. A taste for Good beer is acquired. I was never a wine drinker until my last trip to Scandinavia, my boss talked me into a glass of merlot with the rain deer. It was delicious, he also talked me into oysters on the half shell, which left me much less impressed.

BB-Idaho said...

IMHO, Bud Lite tastes like landfill runoff, compared to our local MooseDrool Brown Ale. :)