Sunday, July 22, 2007

Saturday


Ross and I went up to my folks Saturday with a couple of objectives in mind. One was to convert the electrical system on the old 8N tractor from 6 to 12 volt. That went well; of course I didn’t stop there. I became frustrated at the inconsistent flow of fuel and pulled the tank. Of course it was full of crud, mostly rust flakes, no big surprise the thing is 54 years old. Pressure washing the inside helped, there’s still rust in the tank; the only other solution is to replace it or have a radiator shop acid wash and coat it, both costly. I guess I can live with a little rust in the sediment bowl.

Secondly, I wanted to shoot dad’s new revolver, he hadn’t even shot it yet. What a beautiful weapon! Taurus model 617 total titanium in .357 Mag, he started out 7 rounds of .38 special, after shooting through that we went to .357 Mag, he was impressed to say the least by the difference between the two rounds. This weapon is amazingly accurately, for a 2” barrel, much better than the Ruger SP 101 in .357 Mag that I used to carry. Go here to check out the specs.

No comments: