Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Chat withJenny

Lee Van Ameyde: You're going around the state, trying to get public input I presume on what people are thinking and what they think of your ideas for the budget crisis. I don't want to be unfair to you but I just got in my e-mail a study on your 2 cent service tax proposal from the Mackinaw Center which is described as a conservative think tank admittedly. Their analysis of the whole thing is that if this 2 cents [tax] were to go into affect 19,000 jobs would be in jeopardy in 16 months.


Governor Granholm: No I don't agree with it, I haven't seen this study. They are, they come from a certain perspective which is that the less you can have any government the better off you are

To me that sums up what I've always thought of her. How is it that you can disagree with what you haven’t read? Is it just through sheer arrogance or ignorance? Maybe her highness should take a few minutes and read it, better yet, take note of it. This state doesn’t need educated workers, that’s not why businesses are leaving or coming, that’s just code speak for pouring money into coffers of the NEA. Michigan needs tax structures that promote business startup and growth, not more taxes.

No comments: