Saturday, December 23, 2006

American car ?

The Big Three, if I never saw that in print or heard it again it would be fine by me, it’s like living in the past. Toyota expects to overtake GM this year, great! The company I work for builds bumpers for the Toyota Tundra and Sienna I am currently building a prototype for the next Toyota bumper that my employer will produce. By the end of February we will have provided Honda with two prototypes bumper systems, all of which are shipped to assembly plants right here in the USA the only bumper we ship out side this country is for, you guessed it GM


This is the rhetoric that incenses me: Members from Michigan, led by Rep. John D. Dingell, have pledged to use Democratic control of Congress to help U.S. automakers.

"If Toyota's worldwide production surpasses General Motors', it will simply provide further evidence of the need for the U.S. government to pursue policies that maintain and strengthen the U.S. industrial base," Dingell said yesterday.

I’m all for a level playing field, but I know this liberal commie Dingell, and what he’s implying, he wants to pour money into Detroit for which there will be little return.

“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime” ok, the analogy is a stretch, but it will work here .


Over at this thread some are showing unwavering loyalty to their American cars, many of which are built in Canada, Mexico and elsewhere. Good for those who have that fierce patriotic brand loyalty; somebody needs to keep funding all those pensions and benefits.

1 comment:

shoprat said...

My own company does work for Toyota and wants to do more. They are a good company to be a supplier for. They are not afraid of my boss making a little money.