Sunday, December 17, 2006

Worth a look

As I stated in a previous post, I’m learning myself html. I’ve even gone so far as to set up a unceremonious geocities web site to demonstrate my skills. During this endeavor it became apparent that I would need a good photo editor. Being the Dutchman I am, I sure wasn’t going to spend any money, not when there’s all that free stuff on the net. After trying a couple different software’s I came across Gimp : GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages. To say the least I am impressed, I use Unigraphics, a high end CAD system at work, and this tool has much the same feel of control and numerous resources. There are a lot of buttons, having never used Photoshop it took me a few minutes to fire it up and start using it. I would recommend this open source software to anyone that works with images or just has a creative flair and what do you have to lose, it’s free!

No comments: