Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Thanks Minnesota

Speaking in Dearborn late Sunday night, the first Muslim elected to Congress told a cheering crowd of Muslims they should remain steadfast in their faith and push for justice.

"You can't back down, you can't chicken out, you can't be afraid, you got to have faith in Allah, and you got to stand up and be a real Muslim," Detroit native Keith Ellison said to loud applause.

Ok I need some help with a definition here “real Muslim” is there such a thing as a fake Muslim? I went to wikipedia and found a definition for Muslim, I tried fake Muslim no luck, even moderate Muslim, still just one definition. However when searching Christians at this same site, there where many definitions available. I’m still troubled with Mr. Ellison and his real Muslim remark. Over the last twenty years Americans and Jews have been attacked by “real Muslims” are these the Muslims that Mr. Ellison is speaking of. I have yet to see any significant condemnation of “real Muslims” that flew planes into the twin towers.

Some may read this and say, he’s just a racist, bigot, and, maybe a redneck to boot. Fact is I don’t harbor that mind-set, there are Christian based groups that I think are just as fanatical, the difference is they don’t kill you when you say your not interested and to leave your doorstep.

No comments: