Friday, February 02, 2007

Oh, by the way

Never was this addressed throughout her last campaign, now she acts like, look what we just realized. The state is in big money issues, a “fiscal crisis” she’s calling it in a leak to the press to soften the blow for her State of the State address.
After years of automotive job losses and corresponding state budget cuts ... the Emergency Financial Advisory Panel says it's time to revamp the state's tax system for the 21st century. Granholm says, “I think the panel said that we are in crisis and that we need to look at a blend of solutions." According to the panel, those solutions include cutting government spending, reorganizing state government, and raising taxes.
Well at least Devos was going to relinquish his salary, is she doing as much?
Granholm said, “I know you're thinking, oh, she's saying all this to set up some kind of a tax increase.
Your right, that’s exactly what I’m thinking and I’ll eat my hat if it don’t go down that way.

Granholm says, “Clearly, what we need to be obsessed about is building the next Michigan. What is the Michigan that we want to become? And how do we get from A to Z? I'll be proposing a way to do that next week."
What the…. She told us before the election she had a plan, a five year plan. So was she just kidding around about that plan, is she pulling my leg, again? Ok I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed; I know this is all about raising taxes after an election. She’s a democrat, that’s what they do, I can’t say Devos wouldn’t do the same, but he didn’t run a campaign while privy to budgetary information saying things are fine. I just wonder if that five year plan is still on the table, and if we have to bring her back for another term to make it work?

No comments: